The 6 human needs that Tony Robbins talks about is an eye opener. It truly depicts the reasons for why we do what we do in our lives. But how do some of these human needs play a part in the life of a health anxiety sufferer? That’s the question, and if we look deep enough within, we just may find a few interesting connections.
What Is Health Anxiety?
Health anxiety is basically a pre-occupation with having or developing a serious disease or illness. We’re told that only a ‘professional’ can diagnose you as having health anxiety, but I like to think sufferers have a pretty good idea of when they have health anxiety/hypochondria.
Life for a hypochondriac is busy. Not good busy, but more over-worried busy. Hypochondriacs are accustomed to:
- Visiting numerous doctors for constant negative diagnosis’s for serious diseases
- Trying, but never fully committing to different supplements, anxiety programs such as CBT, and different suggestions
- Waking up and going to bed in fearful dread of what new symptoms of anxiety might be next
- Taking lots of sick days from work due to oversensitivity to any work stressors
- Searching their anxiety symptoms on Dr Google constantly looking for answers
But sadly never seeing the light at the end of the tunnel…
Wow, I basically described my life as a hypochondriac for 6 years just then. But getting back to the podcast episode that looks deep into the connection between health anxiety and our human needs. As mentioned earlier we all meet our needs in different ways, and I have a very important question to ask you right now:
Are You Meeting Your Human Needs By Unconsciously Keeping Your Health Anxiety Alive? Let’s Find out in today’s episode.
In this episode of The Anxiety Guy Podcast You will learn:
- How you may be meeting your human needs in a self debilitating way
- How the cycle of anxiety may be your comfort zone, but not the fulfilled life you always imagined living
- How to adapt a new powerful perspective starting today
Enjoying The Anxiety Guy Podcast? Please share this episode with other anxiety sufferers. This Helps Our Team Provide Regular Powerful Content So You Can Begin Turning Your Anxious State Around Quickly.
#1 anxiety support community on Facebook.
Looking for daily inspiration? Add My New Instagram Account to your friends list.